Chen Ai Reen (曾爱玲) who goes by the name Aryn Chen is a singer and an adjunct lecturer at the School of Music, UCSI University teaching contemporary vocal. She has been with the school for more than 9 years. She has also been giving private singing lessons, in both classical and contemporary music for more than 10 years.
She graduated from ICOM (International College of Music), majoring in Arranging and also has a Grade 8 Performance (Voice) certificate from Trinity College of Music, London. She studied modern songs and stage performance with Ken Chang (Singapore). She has won numerous singing competitions since her primary school days, with her best attainment as Champion in the Shanghai Asia Music Festival 2002, Malaysia Region.
On 6th Sept 2005, she released her first Chinese EP titled ‘Love Imagination’. A press conference for the release was held at Rokaro, PJ.
Her list of performance experiences include:
- Singapore Chinese Orchestra Concert—as a lead vocalist and also duet with Eric Moo. (2003)
- Genting Star Arena—as a backup vocalist for Taiwanese Singers, ex. Xiong Tian Ping, Wawa, Li Du, Zhou Zhi Ping, Ke Yi Min, Jiang Yu Heng, Huang Shu Jun, Qiu Hai Zheng and Billy. (2003)
- Recorded as a backup singer for Malaysian Artist Stella Chung for her album “Be Myself” under Vertex Music (December 2006)
- Invited to sing with the Kuala Lumpur Orchestra Rhythm & Blues Concert at DBKL Auditorium. Guest artists include Dayang Nurfaizah, Liza Aziz, Ruffedge and Imran Ajmain (24th May 2008).
- Recorded a song ‘Desolution’ composed and produced by Peter Wong in his album, ‘Paradise Album’ (July 2009)
- Performed at the Empowering Women Towards National Transformation 2012 International Women’s Day Gala Dinner at Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, backed by a 4-piece band (March 2012)
Between 2007 to 2010, she taught vocal group classes on weekends in ICOM, and also the Full Gospel Assembly youth group choir. Aryn has also recorded for various jingles and voiceovers. Some of the recordings include Tourism Malaysia Global Campaign (2009 – 2011), Malaysia Truly Asia, Kenny Rogers (2010) and Fresh Look Contact Lense (2012). She also performs for various corporate, wedding and private functions. She is backed by a 4 or 5-piece band at each of her gigs.
Click on picture for larger view